Friday, April 22, 2011

Gene Colan Hospitalized: Update

I'm getting endless calls and email about Gene and can't answer all of you so please check in here for updates if you're concerned.

Gene had a radiology procedure late this afternoon to stop internal bleeding; the procedure was a success. Gene's back in ER tonight waiting to be admitted. His family will not be releasing his whereabouts nor should anyone; Gene and his children should not be disturbed. Well-wishers may contact me and I will forward their messages as appropriate.

Gene will not be taking any new commissions going forward; if he has not completed one of yours yet, please stand by for refund details. You will certainly get your money back--and quickly--if Gene is incapable of finishing something. If the work was not started yet, it's unlikely that he will ever get to it...but you never know with Gene. G-d has given him miracles before and Gene likes to share them. I know that if he is capable, he'll want to finish his work. I haven't spoken to him since Monday but I know the first thing he'll say is, "Boy, I can't wait to get home and get back to the drawing board." He loves what he does.

It's two ayem right now and I obviously can't sleep. I'm very concerned about my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me